Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hanging out with Burr Leonard

Because I have not found a gym yet, I have been using workout tapes in my little house in order to commence the fat camp portion of my stay in Borneo. I figured since I'm living in a hot country with almost no booze and food that does not make my mouth water [who would have thought that my man size appetite would ever meet it's match?] it was an optimum time to work on the extra pounds that have been plaguing me since the 5th grade. If the combination of all of these factors does not lead to weight loss, I will just have to accept, once and for all, that I am simply a thick lady.
I've started with the Bar Method tape [thanks Jeanette] in which Burr Leonard, the hottest 60 year old lady of all time, leads me through a series of ballet type moves. The tape ends with me on the floor "back dancing" which Burr urges me to "make funky". I'm pretty sure that if any of my neighbors decide to spy through my window, I will probably go to jail. I'm pretty sure they will be under the impression that I am trying to have my way with the floor, or something else that is not considered cool here. However, if it helps get rid of my muffin tops, I'm willing to risk it.

3 comments:

  1. Is this what our Saturday nights have come too? About to pop in Jillian Michaels...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're hilarious. I'm happy to hear that you're making the most of life in Borneo so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a yoga mat or something. I tried to do sit ups the other day, and the cracks in the wooden floor kept pinching my butt and back fat. :( Not fun.

    ReplyDelete