.jpg)
Did anyone else listen to Foxy Brown back in day? I sure did. Back when she spent more time rapping than assaulting ladies at her local nail salon. Well, Chyna Doll was her second album. Sadly, it did not meet with as much critical acclaim as her first. However, the first single, "The Hot Spot", got totally stuck in my head for months back when it came out in the late 90's. Surprisingly, Foxy gives a shout out to Ramadan in the first verse. As a result, the song is once again, completely stuck in my head. While I'm certainly no expert on Ramadan, I can only guess that Foxy probably falls a bit short of capturing the true spirit of the holiday.
The song stuck in my head for 2 months when outside of the US (with no radio and certainly no TV) was Marcy Playground's Sex and Candy. But only the chorus. And only one line of the chorus. "I smell sex and candy, yeah". The yeah was always the part that led me to repeat. It was pure torture. Especially because I didn't really know who Marcy Playground was, and couldn't figure out where the f#*k the song came from.
ReplyDeletePS. I just googled it to find out.
PPS. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog. It has renewed my will to internet.