Monday, September 13, 2010

Ok, Here's Where the Pretty Comes In. Bali.



Last year on September 7th, I was about to begin another year of my very miserable job with a boss who had a special kind of hate for me. This year, on the same date, I flew to Bali to meet up with some of the other teachers sent to Indonesia. It was hard not to feel that this was a big improvement. First, we went to Nusa Lembongan which is a quiet little island 45 minutes off the coast of Bali. I was a kind of an outsider on the island since I am not from Australia, I don't have abs, I don't surf or dive, and I don't have a George Hamilton tan. However, it was super beautiful. I was also able to eat fruits and salads there since everything is washed in bottled water. This was pretty thrilling. I did go snorkeling a bunch, but learned that I am afraid of snorkeling in very deep water. I think I watched Jaws IV way too many times. It's the one with Mario Van Peeples in Jamaica and a fateful banana boat ride. I think that getting eaten by a shark would be the total pitts.

















2 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I miss you Miss. Glad you got a little fun in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How dare you go to the beach without jeans and a sweatshirt?

    ReplyDelete